HOME BROADBAND - get2net
get2net – Astra 4A (ACM) – Sub Saharan Africa Ku-Band
get2net is designed for small remote sites, Small Office Home Office users
(SOHO) and even as back up to existing internet services.
With triple play capability, get2net provides high-speed Internet access (at up to 10Mbit/s) at a flat rate cost to end users, along with
VoIP, IPTV, and content-on-demand facilities, without any requirement for a landline, cable or terrestrial wireless connection.
The Ku Band service is available on Astra 2B, Astra 3B and Astra4A satellites
whilst the Ka-Band service on Hylas 2 covering the Middle East
and Africa. These satellites deliver DTH (Direct to Home) power and performance through spot beams over the Middle East, Europe, Central and South Asia and Africa.
get2net Solution Features
- Fully prepaid platform with detailed dashboard access for each user. User has full visibility of usage, detailed to per session level on daily basis.
- Platform is designed for reseller business model. Reseller has full access to its users and has the ability to recharge its end users.
- Scratch card business model to be introduced soon.
- Low-cost VoIP telephone calls via the Internet to anywhere in the World. It is possible to have simultaneous VoIP calls and browse the Internet at the same time.
- With a standard set-top box, one can receive free TV channels if the satellite is beaming free to air TV. Alternatively, the customer can receive paid channels in digital quality on the get2net dish once such a service is commissioned by operators in their regions.
- TCP enhancement and pre-fetching for faster page loading
- Rain fade countermeasures
- Simple to install and use
- Flat-rate Monthly fee
- Low-cost subscriber equipment
- No Infrastructure investment required